Polarization Control Platform
Optics & Photonics | Test & Measurement | PM Fiber, Polarisation
The Luna NRT-2500 is a versatile Polarization Control Platform, offering seven built-in polarization control functions for optical transponder, device and sub-system development and manufacturing.
Polarization Control Platform - NRT-2500
The NRT-2500 combines an integrated-optic Lithium Niobate (LiNbO3) waveguide polarization-controller device for super-fast polarization response driven by a customizable digital signal processing for functional flexibility. Together they enable Luna to provide a seven different polarization functions: Acquirer, Depolarizer, Paddles, Randomizer, Scrambler, Spinner, and Tracker in a single bench-top instrument.
- Paddles(Set Polarization) – Full polarization control by rotating any of the 5 electro-optic 1⁄4-wave plates to achieve the desired SOP setting with high accuracy, repeatability and resolution.
- Scrambler -Uniform polarization scrambling with full Poincaré Sphere coverage and user-selectable Rayleigh distribution scrambling rates.
- Depolarizer– A single-speed, ultrafast random scrambling mode to reduce the degree of polarization (DOP) of the measured signal or to introduce an extremely fast ΔSOP Impulses for lightning simulation and loop testbeds.
- Spinner – Superfast SOP rotations/scrambling up to 940,000 rad/sec for characterizing the new generation coherent PM-QPSK transceivers.
- Tracker – Fast, robust, and endless polarization tracking with no dropouts or ‘glitches’.
- Acquirer – Acquirer is the automated ‘smart’ paddles mode to drive the SOP to maximize or minimize a feedback signal.
- Optical Polarization Demultiplexing
- PMD tolerance testing of transponders
- Optical polarization demuxing
- Testing electronic pol-demux
- Optical PMD compensation
- Coherent detection
- Detector calibration
- Ultrafast ∆SOP/∆t event generation
- Power combining
|Insertion loss||< 3dB|
|PDL||< 0.3 dB|
|Optical return loss||> 50dB|
|Optical power handling||<20 dBm|
|Operating wavelength||1.55 microns (C- and L-bands)|
|Optical connectors||FC/UPC, FC/APC, SC|
|Scrambling mode (SOP speed distribution) parameters2||rmode≡b0.5 < 3,400 radians/second, with |
|Enhanced spinner mode rate||75kHz (or >470,000 rad/sec for SOP aligned in S1-S2 plane)|
|SOP slew speed||~1.4 microseconds (up to 1,500,000 rad/sec)3|
|Tracking speed (closed loop in tracking mode)||~20 microseconds4|
|Power supply||12 VDC from 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz wall AC-DC converter|
|Communication interface||Ethernet, RS-232|
|Dimensions||H=4.04" (102.6mm) W=10.12" (257mm) D= 12.32" (313mm)|